Bonkell is a minimalist, rhythmic video installation for up to 12 people, which is about precision and cooperation. The game consists of a series of mini-courses, each carried out by pressing an increasingly complex sequence through 12 arcade buttons built into the room’s 2 tables.
The Bonkell room will at first glance look like a relaxing lounge, but develops into an audio-visual feast as more buttons are pressed, and as the people in the room become better at cooperating. As visitors of the room commits to the game and starts progressing, the room will in return change to accomodate and support the new vibe and energy brought to the room by the visitors.
Bonkell is the result of collaboration between Game Swing. and Glitchnap – two Copenhagen-based game developer teams, which together are working under the name Wolfmans. The music for the game was composed by Salkinitzor.
Bonkell was showcased during the 2014 Roskilde Festival as part of the Art Zone.
- 1-12 players co-op
- The entire room reacts to the game progression, the lights changes
- A cross between traditional video games and interactive room installation
- An experience that accommodate varied levels of commitment from the players
- A way to create community and experiences between friends and strangers
- A video game for people who do not believe that they like video games
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- Politiken.dk - Roskilde-gæster får syrede sanseoplevelser i Art Zone
- Gameplay-online.dk - Frede og Mary tester dansk indiespil på Roskilde
Wolfmans is a collective of game developers, which in this production consists of Game Swing and Glitchnap with music by Salkinitzor.
Game Swing (Formerly Reign Bros)
Game Swing is a 5 man independent game studio based in Copenhagen, Denmark and is made up of Jacob Herold, Martin Petersen, Anders Østergaard, Simon Vestergaard and Lars Bindslev.
More information on Game Swing, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Glitchnap is a Copenhagen-based band that makes games instead of records.
More information on Glitchnap, their logo & relevant media are available here.