Game Swing is a small Copenhagen-based game development studio, recognized for our passion for social gameplay, attention to detail and originality.
We make colorful and light-hearted multiplayer experiences you would like to share with your friends.
The company was founded in 2013 by 5 stubborn game students determined to bring their game jam prototype to market.
Our main focus is PC and consoles… but if the prospect is particularly interesting, we are willing to try anything once.
Game Swing (Formerly Reign Bros)
July 1, 2013
Press / Business Contact:
WRITE US AT
... SAY HI ON TWITTER
... OR SWING BY OUR OFFICE AT
PILESTRÆDE 43, 1. SAL
1112 KØBENHAVN K
Game Swing (originally named Reign Bros) was founded in 2013 by five eager game design students and has an unusual and inspiring story. Brought together by coincidence and a colorful prototype made during Nordic Game Jam, they decided to follow their dreams, and see if this prototype could be turned into a full-blown Console release…
The prototype was a dodgeball-type local-multiplayer game called Stikbold!. It was a weird but bold game, and it resonated well enough with the audience to win the “most fun” award and came in 3rd overall.
Motivated by this “success”, they continued to work on Stikbold! while submitting it to various contests and showcases, and applying to grants. Showing the game gave them some fun experiences while providing valuable feedback from players. Since they were straight out of university, and didn’t have real credentials in game development yet, Game Swing used any accolades Stikbold! received to give them credibility. Eventually, they were fortunate enough to trade this validation in for development support from a foundation called The Nordic Game Program. Needless to say, this was a huge deal to them, and a crucial step on a journey, longer and harder than they would have ever imagined.
Game Swing is currently working on an unannounced mobile game based on an exciting, never-before-seen concept…
LOGO & ICON
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- PAX10 Selection – PAX Prime 2014
- ”Develop 100 Europe’s most exciting game start-ups” – Develop 100
- ”Nordic Indie Sensation Nominee 2013” – Nordic Game 2013
- ”Best Game Created Using the Unity Engine” – OUYA Create 2013
- ”Most Fun Game” – Nordic Game Jam 2013
- Rock, Paper, Shotgun – Stikbold & The Beautiful: ’70s-Styled Dodgeball With Whales
- Eurogamer.dk – Fra spilanmelder til udvikler
- IndieGames.com – 110 playable Nordic Game Jam entries include bobsled sim, minigolf rage, Filth
- IDGA.dk – Meet the Devs: Game Swing